Wednesday, November 9, 2016

I Just Need a Moment




I just need a moment to look over this last year, because it went too quickly.

My baby girl, our last baby, is turning one year old on Sunday.

How did this happen???

Last year my swollen belly ached for relief from all the weight of our 8lb. 9oz. girl. (I don’t have small babies).

It was a complicated birth and even more complicated healing process post-birth.

Matt made a job-change a couple weeks before Esther’s birth and because of this, his time off was a blessing, but not as long as I’d hoped.

Adjusting to three came easier most days than I anticipated.

And Esther has always been our “unicorn baby”. We call her this because her forehead was literally shaped like a small unicorn’s horn because of the hours she spent in the birth canal, attempting a “face first” delivery before our unplanned, post-20-hours-of-labor, C-Section.

We also call her this because of her mild temperament and overall joyful behavior. She lays down for naps and bed without much fussing and even when she’s exhausted will go through cycles of happiness after whining through her fatigue.

She is intelligent and has been trying to say words for months now. I can’t believe this fuzzy little baby we welcomed into our lives is already talking and trying to walk.

Our family of five definitely feels complete with her presence and we’re so excited to celebrate her first year of life.

Although I’m sure I will cry a  few tears as I remember this is the last time I will celebrate any of our children’s first year of life, I will forever be grateful that I got to experience this "one last time".

Thank-you for being so good to us “Baby-E”, we love you!

Love, Mommy

 






 





No comments:

Post a Comment